Feedback from many places...
In the application itself
* Links inside the menus * Crash reporting * Uninstall messages
On the web
* Build a forum * free options like google groups or yahoo groups * your webhost may provide
Free and or commercial offerings
* get satisfaction and uservoice * stackexchange
- google groups is fairly much a spam magnet nowadays.
- downside of free options: their branding, and advertisements, possibly from your competitors.
- host a forum on your site -- e.g. community server, phpBB
- You want it as open as possible, but without spam
- Keep it alive
- make it a nice place to be.
- Be a constant gardener
This step 6 of 25 Steps to Build Your Own Micro ISV