25 Steps to Build Your Own Micro ISV
Turning an amateur software project into a professional project is a straight forward process -- but it involves a lot of steps.
We're putting together articles on each of the steps we've identified, as a way to help other developers turning their fledgling idea into a working MicroISV.
5. Install Traffic Monitoring on your site
6. Create forums, Encourage Feedback
11. Allow Payment from your website
12. Create a PAD file (portable application description)
14. Strategy: Separate "Free" From "Professional" product
15. Write Your Own EULA (end user license agreement) -- infact write two!
18. Get a License Management Database
21. Automate Your Build+Release Strategy
22. Free up enough time/resources for Dealing With Support
24. Plan and enact your Promotional Strategy
25. Do It All Again